Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Quote from Little


We've been watching a video from the library this week -- one of those Scholastic videos with 4 or 5 story books animated and read aloud. We LOVE those around there. I just ordered a big box of them through Big's school Scholastic order -- HERE is a link to them if you aren't familiar.

Anyway . . . our video contains James Marshall's redition of 'The Three Little Pigs" and in it, the Mommy Pig cries as her three piggies are leaving her at the story's start.

As the Mommy Pig is crying, Little asked me today, "Why Mommy Pig crying?"

"She's sad," was my quick response.

"Why she sad? Why she crying?" Little asked again. She wanted a better, clearer answer.

"She's sad because her three piggies are leaving her . . . they have grown up and are moving away. All mommies are sad when their babies grow up and leave. You and Big will grow up and one day move away, and then I will cry," I explained.

"You cry like Mommy Pig?" Little again inquired.

"I will. When you grow up and move away, I will cry," I firmly replied.

Her deep blue eyes looked right into mine, and she said, "Then I will give you my lovee."


What a little heartbreaker! One day she will leave and I will cry -- and I only hope something as simple and as wonderful as her little lovee will make it all better.

1 comment: