Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big Melts My Heart

"Mommy, tell me again what exquisite means . . ."


The girls are in a Sesame Street revival around here. They LOVE that show -- the 'Abby's Flying Fairy School' segment and anything with Murray the puppet, in particular. Each episode has one word that they use throughout to increase preschool vocabulary, and Big is soaking those up like a Bounty paper towel. :)




"Exquisite means that something is very beautiful and very special. Like your sparkly headband -- it's very beautiful and very special, so it is exquisite," I explain to my 4 year old.





"And my Princess bike. It's very special and very beautiful. It's exquisite," she replies.





"You got it," Mom confirms.





"You mommy. You are very beautiful and very special, so YOU are exquisite." As she says this, my face turns to a grin and I bend down to be exactly eye level with my wonderful little girl. I hug her close and give her a kiss.





"You are a sweetie, Big. Thank you for saying I'm exquisite. You are exquisite, too."





I couldn't make this up if I tried . . . she is such a sweetheart, she my heart melts daily just by being around.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how sweet...you don't get those kind of comments from a boy. Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete