Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Title

Like the new blog title?



We have a House in the 'Hampton, if you will. It's a play on the name of our neighborhood, but it's more than that to me. Here is how I landed on the title:



First, I just wanted something catchy as the new blog title. Something better than my old title, which was just my family name. "House in the 'Hampton" fit that requirement. Easy to remember, short and sweet. Great.




And secondly, it's valid -- like I said, it has something to do with our neighborhood's name. That's all I'll say about that.




But the third reason is a little more complicated.





Having a "House in the Hamptons" -- isn't that, like, a dream for some people? "Oh, one day, when we 'make it' , we'll have our house in the Hamptons . . ." A house in the Hamptons is where the movie stars and the super rich go on the weekends to relax and recover from their busy lives. It's where non-movie stars and the not-so-super rich dream that they might vacation or visit some time in their lives.





My House in the 'Hampton might not be like those of the rich and famous, but to me, it's my dream. The blog title kinda reflects how I feel about my life . . . like I 'made it', and I'm right where I always dreamed I'd be. Married to a wonderful man, mom to fantastic children . . . and that's it. My 'making it' does not involve being a household name or owning a dozen cars. I feel like I've made it because I'm living the life I always wanted to live.





Anyway, that's where the name came from. Welcome to my House in the 'Hampton.























(Left: Big at our House in the 'Hamptons when we moved in - August 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment